How To Choose The Perfect Room Heater
The choice of buying a room heater is a great way to battle the chills and cold of winter. This is especially true for people residing in the northern and north-eastern parts of India where winters are particularly harsh. Yet the room heater has become a popular gadget to own even in the other parts of India which experience milder winters, because of the cosy comfort it imparts to a room.
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft
- Ideal for a small / medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000 watt heat setting. Makes some noise due to fan. Body Material: Plastic, Metal
- Refer the wattage chart image for locating heater wattage requirement for your room size
- Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A convertor but can not be used for long time with extension cord
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element, Safety cut-off, Overheat Protection
- Meant for Spot Heating; Voltage/Frequency: 230V/50Hz/1 Phase
- Room Size: Upto 150 sq ft; Ideal for a small room only, i.e., up to 120 sq. ft
- Safety tip over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls; Powder coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption; There are two heating positions to suit your comfort
- Customer Care Number: 18001033111; Warranty: 1 year on product; Power: 400 and 800 watts
- Meant for Spot Heating; Safety Mesh Grill
- Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft
- Ideal for a small/medium sized room only. Makes some noise due to fan
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element
- Safety cut-off , Auto-revolving Heater , Overheat Protection , Touch Sensor
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your room heater for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent usage. If it does, please contact our Customer support
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty. For warranty claim, please contact us on: [1800-419-0416]
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room; Product can be placed both vertically and horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting; Please note that regulator changes heating power & not actual fan speed
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally.
- Adjustable thermostat setting for temperature control
- Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room
- Built-in overheating protection;Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts, 1 year warranty
- Instant Warmth: 2000 Watts Heat Convector Room heater ensure your comfort during chilly winters
- Personalized Comfort: Customized to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat and two heat settings (1000 W/ 2000 W) ; Neat & Clean Operation since there isn't any need for refrigerant or oxygen ; Cord Type: PVC ; Effective Cord Length (in meters): 1.5 ; Cord Plug Material: Molded PP filled
- Peace of Mind: Featuring auto thermal shutoff to prevent overheating Convenient & Elegant: The compactness of Blow Hot makes it elegant and easy to carry anywhere
- Reliable & Safe: Our room heaters are dependable and they also come with a 2 Year warranty
- For any issue contact 02241280000
Features to look for
When buying a room heater for the first time, it is very important for the buyer to know, understand and check out the below given basic features like:
- Types: Currently there are three types of room heaters which are quite popular. This classification is based on their heating technology like:
- Fan heaters which use the conventional method of using a coil to heat the air around it and then blowing it out with the help of a fan,
- Infrared heaters heat up quickly and are great for small spaces since heat generated is radiated out and
- Oil filled heater which use stored oil as a heat reservoir thereby consuming less electricity and also giving out warmth for a long time after it has been switched off.
- Wattage: For a heater to be effective and produce more heat, it needs to have a higher wattage. But care must be taken to see if the heater comes with a 5amp or a 15amp plug since heaters with wattage of around 1000 have 5amps plugs but anything above would require a 15 amp plug point.
- Auto-switch: The presence of an automatic on-off switch is actually a safety precaution which turns the gadget off in stances when:
- It either tips over or
- The protective grill is touched.
- Length of power cord: The longer the power cord, the easier it will be to place the heater at an appropriate place. Hence in order to avoid the use of an extension cord, it is best to opt for room heaters with a longer cord length.
- Carbon monoxide detectors: It is recommended to opt for a room heater which is able to constantly monitor the carbon monoxide levels and shut down if and when it reaches a critical point. This is of great help in homes wherein one or more residents suffer from breathing problems or asthma.
- Other safety features: The presence of the safety features need to be checked on priority if there are kids staying at home. These features include heat guards, timers, anti-tipping features etc.
Famous Room Heater Brands
Brands associated with the make and marketing of room heaters are:
- Morphy Richards,
- Crompton Greaves etc.
Staying back at home during the cold winter months has never been as comfortable as in the presence of a room heater spreading its warmth around the room. With prices which are quite affordable and ranging from INR800 to about INR3000, the room heater has become a winter staple in many homes.